I think I’ve fallen out of love with this show. If the characters seemed to be growing in any way, maybe it wouldn’t be so exhausting; as is, all the rampant self-involvement has started to feel gimmicky. Yes, these are terrible people. Fine. Why should I want to spend time with them? All I’m asking for is a couple moments of kindness/empathy here and there, for fuck’s sake.
But I did love this shot at the end of last night’s episode.
- My penchant for brooding at the smallest perceived slight is easing up with age. That’s a victory.
- I wish there were a centralized place or service, virtual or actual, to seek out pure, torrid passion. Passion with someone who’s worthy is all I’m looking for. No security, no big obligations; I just want those giddy teenager feelings that come with the mutual exploration and astonishment of early love, and I’m willing to admit it. Knowing it’s chemical doesn’t cheapen it for me. Why should it? The dizzying thrill of passion is ultimately just one of those modest enjoyments that makes life more livable, like drinking or smoking.
- Oh, and don’t say, “Try OKCupid.” That’s sex-takeout. Which is fine, but I want the spiritual high, not the physical one.
Anonymous asked: God you are hot!
Actually, thanks. I needed that today.
(Also, can I just say? My abs are better than they’ve ever been in my life and I have no one to show them to. This makes me sadder than it probably should.)
|Her:||Why are you so red? Are you okay?|
|Me:||I'm Irish and drunk?|
missbhavens replied to your post “This Valentine’s Day my only date is with House of Cards and a block…”
Work on your Night Cheese, girl!
Always. Always workin’ on my Night Cheese.
Right now my Photo Booth is filled with videos of me strumming a guitar and singing da da da da. So many melodies, so few words. I’m going to work on finding homes for every little tune this weekend, as I finally have some days off.
It appears that a new (solo) album is taking shape. And here I thought I was all dried up.
Inspiration sure is a thrill.
This Valentine’s Day my only date is with House of Cards and a block of cheddar cheese and I am honestly 100% okay with that
- I get free organic produce, free bread, free pastries, and free dinner from the deli every night.
- I get a 20% off discount. I’ma buy all the fancy health food.
- I spend my time working with fresh, beautiful ingredients. It’s really meditative, and it’s nice to get lost in my own head.
- All of my co-workers are kind, helpful, and fun to talk to. The environment is so different from the other kitchens I’ve worked in.
- They actually play good music! The other day my supervisor put on Wilco’s Summerteeth, and it made me giddy.
- They’re going to give me health insurance! I mean, WHAT.
- I’m learning tons about cooking/baking/food chemistry.
Yeah, I think it’s safe to say I massively lucked out.